Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rincon Puerto Rico March Wingfoil?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1831 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostWed Jul 24, 24 7:54 am    Rincon Puerto Rico March Wingfoil? Reply with quote

Anyone with first hand experience who can weigh in here?

Thanks,
Eric

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1299 Posts
Da Hood & Da Wood
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jul 24, 24 9:47 pm     Reply with quote

Not exactly firsthand with Rincon, but stayed in Isabela and kitesurfed Shack's Beach and Playa Montones over Christmas and New Year's three years ago. Light winds (10m), and one wing-foiler out, but I suspect now it'd would be way more popular. Lift foils is allegedly headquartered in the area but there are no shops and they were off the radar when I tried to find them.

My understanding is the prevailing winds are from the NE, which translates to offshore at Rincon and makes it desirable as a glassy surfing spot.

We flew into San Juan and toured there first, but if I were to go back I'd look for something into Aguadilla (BQN). I'm not sure if my buddy's girlfriend is on this forum but she's in Hood River and learning to wing and is from that area (she's a lifelong surfer with family still there that she visits). I'll ask her and point her here.

shacks.jpg 

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1831 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostWed Jul 24, 24 9:50 pm     Reply with quote

obliged

Eric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: