Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Identifying Information Boat that hit Winger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1831 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostTue Jul 09, 24 9:06 am    Identifying Information Boat that hit Winger Reply with quote

Yesterday, according to a local winger and her son and a kiter who witnessed this, a power boat was going too fast near HR Wing Park and actually clipped the tail of her board. She had to jump off to avoid being struck.

If you saw this, and have enough information to report this to HRC Sheriff I think the boaters need to be spoken to. If you would rather not please PM me what you have and I will do it.

Thanks,
Eric

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1487 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jul 10, 24 5:02 pm     Reply with quote

I don't have info..... but it happened to me last week.
I suspect it was the same boat travelling upwind on the Oregon shore and missed me by 6 feet. They shouted at me to look out... they were coming from downwind - my wing prevented me from seeing them. They stayed their course and expected me to change course..... I guess it's that time of year when the kook factor is rexpotential to the number of users on the water..
I'm pretty sure the driver was looking at his phone.
I suspect they were shuttling kiters/wingers up to the island.

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
150 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Jul 15, 24 8:10 am    no S**T Reply with quote

The kook factor is getting out of control.

You guys have been here since day one of windsurfing... kiting... paddling ... foiling... winging... etc...and have kept track.. and have good input.. thanks... You care...so do I...we love this place.

The opportunity for kook increase is getting exponential. As more $2000+ big boy and girl toys get invented by companies now based here..."look at me on Facebook"! Marketing schemes... Get used to it. That's the ENVIRONMENT here now.

No need to complain but awareness is key. Gonna keep happening. The Hood is the place in July to show it all off.

Respect each other and especially MOTHER EARTH... we're all in the same "boat"... on the same water.
VTI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: