Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Luhr Jenson and Flowbird Parking?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1647 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostTue Aug 20, 24 8:56 am    Luhr Jenson and Flowbird Parking? Reply with quote

Am I tech illiterate or has anyone else been fined by non-payment using the Flowbird app at Luhr Jenson? I thought it had completed the "paid" only to return to my car 3 hours later with ticket.

OG

Since 07 Jun 2011
572 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Aug 20, 24 9:57 am     Reply with quote

i dont ever park up there, so im not sure if its flowbird or not. The port uses flowbird, city of HR uses Passport. maybe luhr jensen is City Of HR and uses passport? Just a thought. Its absolute BS either way. If you get it figured out, id like to hear about what the problem was

Marmot

Since 08 Aug 2007
106 Posts
Lyle, WA
Stoked

PostTue Aug 20, 24 10:14 am     Reply with quote

It is Flowbird, according to the website: https://portofhoodriver.com/waterfront-recreation/waterfront-parking/

The only allowed spots on the Jensen spot are circled in blue.

Screenshot_20240820-111209.png 

mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
422 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostWed Aug 21, 24 10:31 am     Reply with quote

Are they issuing tickets now? I have gone all season without paying. Its been nice. I drive a tan, I mean grey sprinter van with out of town plates in case you are wondering. Very Happy

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1299 Posts
Da Hood & Da Wood
XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 21, 24 1:49 pm     Reply with quote

I've frequently parked in the building customer's section and not received a ticket (and spend money at Northwave from time to time to help support Tim & Sandy). I question what authority they'd have to prosecute any ticket because they called themselves a "quasi-judicial authority" the entire time we fought for the waterfront park - not sure they could actually affect your driving record or defer to HRPD or Sheriff to fine you or get you into court. (Anyone have actual insight into that?).

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1647 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSun Aug 25, 24 10:08 am     Reply with quote

shred_da_gorge wrote:
. I question what authority they'd have to prosecute any ticket because they called themselves a "quasi-judicial authority".

I should be honest here and ammend my original post. After I found the ticket (Yes it was a $40 ticket) on my dash I went over to the Port Office to plead my case. I submitted a lengthy form expaining how the Flowbird app seemed to indicate I was all good.... so I stored the phone and went winging. Turns out the app was still thinking and trying to get network. The nice port people emailed me 4 days later saying I was good with no fine. I've since heard there is another way to pay for parking here a L Jenson using text-only?

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1299 Posts
Da Hood & Da Wood
XTreme Poster

PostSun Aug 25, 24 10:31 am     Reply with quote

These days I just go out at the Event Site and take a break at LJ if I wish to socialize. Both parking lot and sandbar have more space than I've seen in years!

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1647 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSun Aug 25, 24 10:36 am     Reply with quote

shred_da_gorge wrote:
These days I just go out at the Event Site and take a break at LJ if I wish to socialize. Both parking lot and sandbar have more space than I've seen in years!

I'm still at the stage where I'm slowly reducing my Walk of Shame inch by inch. Been draggin my crap back up to LJ too many times. It's odd I need to be there after 3 decades of avoiding the lee of Wells..... and fighting the KB4C bouy that Gregg always wanted to put there. Smile

mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
422 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 26, 24 7:44 am     Reply with quote

A buddy's wife just got a ticket issued in the last hour of parking at LJ, so guess the Port is on the move... be forewarned.

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
472 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 26, 24 9:01 am    Port parking, could it get any more convoluted? Reply with quote

Ok, so I just pony up for the annual pass and forget about it. But I still have questions, which I have brought up with Port of HR employees.

Here's my big question: Old folks, 60+, who buy an annual pass for boat ramp parking at the marina get a discount. 25% off. Why isn't there a 25% discount for seniors on the annual event site, lot 1 and LJ parking? Social Security doesn't stretch like it used to, I'm sure we could use a break. Like the guys who own boats.

I have yet to get and answer that makes any kind of sense. Mostly, I get,"Huh, I don't know..." and a shrug.

Maybe some of you older guys, you know who you are, could pipe up with the answer.

And why doesn't the annual pass just cover the hook and make it easy on everybody?

I can't tell you how many people have asked me if I know how to work the parking app cell phone thing. There has to be an easier way. If nothing else, a few kids get a summer job minding the booth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: