Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Luhr Jensen Building Camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
422 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostFri Aug 16, 24 10:04 am    Luhr Jensen Building Camera Reply with quote

Hi all, anyone know anything about the camera mounted on the LJ building. I consult that daily for wind conditions, but it has been down for a week or so now. Know who runs it? Here we are in 2024 and we basically dont have any live cams... dont get it? (Yes I am familiar with Nick's cam and Gorge Current) Baffled why vendors of the sports dont put one together, even subscription based if needed.

OG

Since 07 Jun 2011
572 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Aug 16, 24 12:23 pm     Reply with quote

Hell ya. With the office Slingshot/RideEngine have and that view? Get a cam y'all.

I live facing underwood mtn. My version of forecasting with what i can see is looking at the cloud line and if my trees are dancing. A cam would be a nice upgrade

mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
422 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 19, 24 10:11 am     Reply with quote

Northwave said they dont have anything to do with the cam. I contacted the Port of HR and they have yet to respond. It's a shame this camera has disappeared off the radar. Slingshot, you know you are the peoples choice, how about adding a live stream Waterfront Park cam?? We would be eternally grateful. I would even subscribe to it if needed.

kuips

Since 19 Mar 2009
80 Posts
white salmon

PostMon Aug 19, 24 12:58 pm     Reply with quote

seems like a no brainer for SS. just host on slingshotsports.com and get a steady flow of low cost, highly targeted traffic all summer long.

windpig

Since 28 Aug 2008
277 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Aug 20, 24 7:49 am     Reply with quote

Remember the old SS cam that you could control for a couple of minutes? Those were the days!

OG

Since 07 Jun 2011
572 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Aug 20, 24 10:01 am     Reply with quote

maybe the slingy crew doesnt their wives/gfs/so's to see them out playing when they should be working.....thatd be my concern if i was them.

mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
422 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostWed Aug 21, 24 10:29 am     Reply with quote

Update... The Port said the camera is not theirs, it was owned formerly by GorgeNet, now Blue Mountain... so I have sent them an email to see what's up. That was such a vital camera when you arent in town to see the wind conditions. I work in Odell, so that was always helpful to know if I should get off early or not, haha Very Happy I still think SS should step up.

mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
422 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostWed Aug 21, 24 11:27 am     Reply with quote

http://209.216.188.4:81/mjpg/video.mjpg Sweet, its mysteriously back up and running!

OG

Since 07 Jun 2011
572 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Aug 21, 24 12:33 pm     Reply with quote

mikeinhoodriver wrote:
http://209.216.188.4:81/mjpg/video.mjpg Sweet, its mysteriously back up and running!

Sweet!

NWKite magic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: