Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
422 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostTue Jul 16, 24 1:48 pm    Avatar Help Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to create an avatar for your NWKite profile? I used to have one, but attempted to change it, was unsuccessful and since have been able to create another one. I see the settings for setting one up, but nothing ever works. Any help is appreciated Very Happy

OG

Since 07 Jun 2011
572 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jul 16, 24 7:00 pm     Reply with quote

i didnt try it out, but also took a look. not sure if you saw the little blurb above the uploader that says the avatar must be 150px by 150px and total size like 95kb.

Oddly it doesnt detail anything about allowed file types

Just sayin', if you are like me and mostly ignore reading instructions, you mighta missed the size details.

if you figure it out let us know what did the trick

OG

Since 07 Jun 2011
572 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jul 16, 24 7:03 pm     Reply with quote

i used the web inspector to look at the deets on a few peoples avatars. I say '.jpg' and 'gif' extensions. Im sure it allows a couple more types, just giving a little more info.....mostly just so i can look like im working and not get on the evening honey-do lists

mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
422 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostWed Jul 17, 24 7:11 am     Reply with quote

OG wrote:
i used the web inspector to look at the deets on a few peoples avatars. I say '.jpg' and 'gif' extensions. Im sure it allows a couple more types, just giving a little more info.....mostly just so i can look like im working and not get on the evening honey-do lists

Haha, thanks OG. I did see those details as well, but could still get nothing to work. Hoping Admin would step in and explain. Smile

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4233 Posts
Camas
Site Lackey

CGKA Member

PostWed Jul 17, 24 8:13 am     Reply with quote

Yeah, the software is broken. I can't get my avatar loaded either. I'm working now on the update, hopefully early August we'll see the new forum software loaded; that will eliminate most of the issues we're seeing now. The current forum software was abandoned in 2009! Fortunately, the developers started updating the software late last year, and there is an upgrade path from our software to the modern version. So, we should see all forum history, user names and passwords retained after the update. Very Happy I'll then be expanding the forum with dedicated sections for winging, SUP, etc. I'm also planning sub forums for different spots. BTW, I'm open for ideas!

OG

Since 07 Jun 2011
572 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Jul 17, 24 8:36 am     Reply with quote

sheesh......in developer years, 15 year old software is like horse and buggy level

good on you for taking this on.

mikeinhoodriver

Since 23 Apr 2009
422 Posts
down wind somewhere
Obsessed

PostWed Jul 17, 24 10:45 am     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
Yeah, the software is broken. I can't get my avatar loaded either. I'm working now on the update, hopefully early August we'll see the new forum software loaded; that will eliminate most of the issues we're seeing now. The current forum software was abandoned in 2009! Fortunately, the developers started updating the software late last year, and there is an upgrade path from our software to the modern version. So, we should see all forum history, user names and passwords retained after the update. Very Happy I'll then be expanding the forum with dedicated sections for winging, SUP, etc. I'm also planning sub forums for different spots. BTW, I'm open for ideas!

Sounds great Nak, looking forward to the upgrades.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: