Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Apple Watch blue tooth connection question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
520 Posts

Addicted

PostSat Oct 12, 24 7:04 am    Apple Watch blue tooth connection question Reply with quote

Question, I had an Apple Watch Ultra and when I used it in the water to kite surfer, my blue tooth headphones would disconnect when it went in the water.
On older Apple Watches, when the watch came out of the water the headphones would automatically reconnect.

This would not happen on the ultra, I would have to unlock the phone and the manually reconnect the blue tooth headphones. I ended up returning the watch because this became such a pain the a$$.
Does anyone know if there is a setting to allow automatic re connnections with blue tooth accessories, or is it only the older Apple Watches that automatically reconnect.

I would like to purchase a watch that allows me to reconnnect in the water without have to manually do it.

My wife has the second version of the Apple Watch, it is very old but it automatically reconnnects.

Thank you for your help

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
474 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostSat Oct 12, 24 8:50 am     Reply with quote

In other Apple Watch news, Strava just up and disappeared from my older iwatch. Strava now needs OS 9 or better.

I’ll be trying out the Waterspeed app later today at Stevenson.

Strava still works on my iPhone and pad. I’m not taking my phone out in the water.

I’ll probably go back to $40 Timex expeditions when the iwatch dies of old age.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: